"Now More Than Ever SMC needs your help to present the human story of Sderot, Ashkelon, Ashdod BeerSheve and all Kibbutzim and Moshavim in between - One million Israelis under siege in Southern Israel- can make their case to world opinion."
Please find bellow the letter received today, from the Ministry of Strategic Affairs endorsing SMC's work and it's educational programs.
The day after 'Operation Pillar of Defense', our work is most needed.
This would be the time to advance SMC's knowledge and expertise to transform its services into the 'Southern Israel Media Center' and reach two main goals for 2013-2014:
1. To establish a regional media deployment point for the southern region of Israel.
2. To turn Sderot into the front line media base countering the Gaza/Hamas anti-Israel one-sided narrative.
We kindly request your financial sponsorship to:
1. Develop SMC's guided visits for Southern Israel targeted toward the foreign press, government officials and international delegations.
2. Preparing regional emergency infrastructure by emphasizing the 'human face' of the victims.
3. Acquire IP security camera equipment to provide real time documentation of the Gaza aerial attacks on the populated areas in southern Israel.
4. Establish a digital archive which would contain hundreds of hours of footage for media use.
5. Sderot Communication Center & Emergency Teams.